Occupational health services

Some workplaces engage occupational health services to which employees can turn if they are not feeling well and believe that the workplace is the cause. If your workplace is tied to occupational health services, you can in some cases turn directly to them, otherwise you should talk with your manager first. If necessary, the occupational health services can send a referral to the regular healthcare services.

Trade union

If you are a member of a trade union, you can investigate if they can offer support in addition to legal advice. If the trade union does not offer support, they should be able to refer you further.


There is help available in the healthcare services. In case of an emergency, call 112. If it is not an emergency, you can contact your healthcare centre or call 1177 to get help with where you can seek care. You can turn to the healthcare services if you have physical or mental issues. If you are young, you can also contact your local youth guidance centre.

Get in touch.

Non-profit organisations

There are several non-profit organisations that you can turn to for help and support. You can do so regardless of whether you have filed a police report or not. It is free of charge and volunteers who work in such organisations usually have an obligation of confidentiality. Non-profit organisations can offer help and support via e-mail, chat, phone and visits.

You can contact a non-profit organisation for conversational support or for practical help, such as help in filling out a form. You can also turn to a non-profit organisation if you want a support person who accompanies you to an interview with the police and during a trial in court. If you are going to be involved in a trial, you can also get help from volunteers who work at the district court and are called witness support. It is most often the local victim support centres that are responsible for the witness support.

Victim Support Sweden has trained those active in their national call centre and in the local groups to particularly be able to provide support to people subjected to threats and hatred when they participate in the democratic discourse.

Get in touch.